WSM – A Wireless Speedometer is a model railroad car which measures speed of a train and transmits it via Bluetooth. It is developed as a fully opensource and openhardware project. This page contains basic info about the project.
Photo of a WSM.
- Speed-measuring based on opto-sensor.
- Very small electronics (Size 50×18 mm).
- Transmits data via bluetooth to any device.
- No external power supply is required (no current from tracks).
- Runs on battery, can measure up to 8 hours based on chosen battery.
- Integrated charging circuit.
- Charging from a micro-USB connector.
- Embedded ON/OFF switch.
- Measuring of a battery level & undervoltage protection.
- Simple & multiplatform desktop client application.
- Fully opensource & openhardware solution.